This particular plant has its roots in California. Today, it’s one of the most popular and expensive strains in the world. Genetically, this marijuana strain is the outcome of Hindu Kush and Purple Afgani’s cross breeding. When consuming the strain, a feeling of deep drowsiness takes over your body. The effect is generally long-lasting.
Below you’ll find a compilation of useful tips on growing Purple Kush plants for personal or commercial use:
- First of all, you can grow the plant both indoors and outdoors. It’s a tough plant and it will grow fine in both environments. However, growing indoors is highly recommended to keep the plants safe from animals, people and any other externalities.
- When grown indoors, the purple kush plant can achieve a maximum height of two to three feet. Therefore, you need not keep the ceiling very high; seven to eight feet high ceiling is just fine for growing these plants.
- Several medical cannabis dispensaries that procure these plants want these them to grow both wide and tall. To make your purple kush crop equally (almost) tall and wide, you just need to pinch the topmost branches of each plant.
- The plant turns ‘purple’ in appearance only when it is nearly ready for harvest. That’s when the best of purple kush effects can be experienced.
- If your plants appear too light, you can make use of some nitrogen. Fertilizers that have nitrogen as the key constituent can quickly darken kush plants. Just make sure that you don’t overdo it. Purple kush is no doubt a tough plant, but its sensitive to fertilizers. Leaves of plants can curl easily if excessive doses of nitrogen are given.
- By the time these plants begin to blossom, you need to stop the nitrogen doses completely. Then, it is time to feed some phosphorus to your plants. Fertilizers with phosphorus and potassium are the best option at this stage.
- If you feel your plant growth is too slow, it is a good idea to test the soil and double check if you’re using the right fertilizers at the right time. Most people who complain about slow growth, curled leaves, or not-so-purple appearance are the ones who rely on incorrect information dealing with fertilizer use, watering, and soil quality required for growing these plants.
The smoke produced by the strain is of the highest quality and extremely strong. The emitted smoke contains very high THC levels. The taste is considered to be flowery and tad different from others in the family. It could be compared to resin or acrid hash.